Monday, July 5, 2010

First Day Tomorrow!

Tomorrow I start my first work for In the Arena and I must admit I am anxiously awaiting it! Several months have passed since I was first introduced to Amory and In the Arena (all over the internet...we met in person for the first time today!) and I am excited about how the project has shaped up.  I will be working with three different youth and community centers in Cambridge, MA to get the kids excited about lacrosse and share the experiences that I have been fortunate to have at Duke and with the U.S. team.  I am particularly looking forward to interacting with Cambridge residents, as I attended BB&N (Buckingham, Browne & Nichols School) in Cambridge from 7th-12th grade. 

As for training, I started everything up again a couple of weeks ago after taking much of June to rest my body.  Our season at Duke ended in late May with a loss to Northwestern in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament, and I had been training for close to two years straight with little rest due to the World Cup last summer.  Needless to say, it was nice to take a few weeks off!  I am excited, however, because I haven't lost too much of my fitness.  I currently have my eyes set on tryouts for the U.S. Lacrosse team from July 29th-August 1st. 

2 comments:

Amory Rowe said...

Welcome to the roster, Sarah. ITA is thrilled to have you on board. Hope all went well today, despite the heat. I'm sure it did. Enjoy!

Kristin Hedstrom said...

Hi Sarah and welcome to ITA! We're so happy you're involved. As a MA native myself, I look forward to reading your blog posts and hearing about your adventures in Cambridge. I hope the first day went well and I'm anxious to hear more about it!